The simple fact is foundation problems happen. A number of factors are contributors, including soil shifting caused by trees, weather elements, age of the structure, among others. Affordable Foundation Repair, LLC in Abbeville, Baton Rouge, Lake Charles, Lafayette, New Iberia, LA and surrounding areas, provides expertise and complete service in the areas of foundation assessment and repair. How will you know when it's time to contact us for an initial evaluation? A simple walk-through on your own will effectively start the process. Look for any of these significant signs:
- Diagonal cracks in interior wall finishes at the corners of doors, windows, as well as ceiling and wall intersections.
- Doors bind or do not open or close properly. The gap between the top doors and the adjacent door frames will not be uniform.
- Windows, cabinet doors, and inside doors do not open or close properly. Floors are not level.
- Cracks in exterior brick or the concrete perimeter beam (look at the concrete beam below the siding or brick along the perimeter of your home).
- Separations of wood trim at the exterior corners of your home above the bricks.
- Separations of the brick and the adjacent wood surfaces on the sides of garage door or chimney.