The simple fact is foundation problems happen. A number of factors are contributors, including soil shifting caused by trees, weather elements, age of the structure, among others. Affordable Foundation Repair, LLC in Abbeville, Baton Rouge & Lafayette, Lafayette, and surrounding areas, provides expertise and complete service in the areas of foundation assessment and repair. How will you know when it's time to contact us for an initial evaluation? A simple walk-through on your own will effectively start the process. Look for any of these significant signs:
- Diagonal cracks in interior wall finishes at the corners of doors, windows, as well as ceiling and wall intersections.
- Doors bind or do not open or close properly. The gap between the top doors and the adjacent door frames will not be uniform.
- Windows, cabinet doors, and inside doors do not open or close properly. Floors are not level.
- Cracks in exterior brick or the concrete perimeter beam (look at the concrete beam below the siding or brick along the perimeter of your home).
- Separations of wood trim at the exterior corners of your home above the bricks.
- Separations of the brick and the adjacent wood surfaces on the sides of garage door or chimney.